Sunday, March 20, 2016

Trying not to get too excited!

Well, I made a valiant effort to get to Olive Market but only made it up San Mateo to Fern before feeling like I wouldn't be able to make it all the way.  We opted for Carolyn's Cafe because it was closer and the guy who runs it recognized me from my bad experience last time we were there and treated us like royalty!  I let our server know I was in early labor and she and a few other servers were sharing their birth stories with me and they all made me feel so special.  I had quite a few contractions in the short time we were there and it got to the point where I didn't think I was going to be able to finish my food so they packaged it up for me and we walked home.  I wasn't planning on timing my contractions anytime soon, but with how close they were at Carolyn's I decided to start.  They aren't super consistent but getting even stronger.  I had a moment of fear in Carolyn's where I turned to Ken and said, "what if I can't handle the pain?"  He immediately goes, "what do you mean?  You've done this twice already.  We can always get you to the hospital for an epidural.....hahaha" and that was the end of that conversation!  I know my body and I welcome the pain.  Each contraction brings me closer to having this little one in my arms.

I am so tempted to get in the pool because the weather is beautiful, but I am worried about doing anything that could slow down my contractions so i think I'll hold off for a little bit longer and get some laundry done instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment