Sunday, March 20, 2016

Resting and Gearing Up

It has been a quiet, peaceful day over here.  Still contracting and it is definitely uncomfortable, they don't go away but they've been about the same strength.  I know the peacefulness will be ending all too soon so I am reveling in it.  My husband is currently taking a nap and I may head that direction too.  I have made a long list of small things to keep us occupied but none of them are a necessity so we may drop most of them and go see a movie instead.  My mind is moving a mile a minute which makes sleeping hard so I might do some coloring and maybe get in the pool since I don't think it will make my contractions any less intense.  I just really want to be mentally and physically ready for active labor, transition, and birth.  I am trying to get in a more meditative mindset now since I was not able to with Pierce's birth and fought each contraction instead of working with them.  It is easy to slip out of that and fight the pain instead of letting it flow past you.  Hopefully I can find a mantra that will pull me through and that I can have Ken repeat when I feel too far gone.

We are going to pick up some lunch in a bit since I am starting to get hungry!

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!!  We are so grateful for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment