Monday, March 14, 2016

A Letter to my daughter Penny

Dear Penelope,

You are the light of my life.  I could never have imagine that my heart could be so full until you came into the world.  Every moment of your life has been my greatest joy.  You have taught me so much about love and trust and how to slow down and live in the moment.  Your spirit shines through every movement you make.  I pray every day that nothing stops your light from shining, especially me when I get frustrated or impatient.  You love your brother so much and have embraced being a sister to the fullest.  You always include him and show him love, even when he is being a pesky little brother.  I know your bond will last forever.  Even though I had to miss out on nursing you for as long as I wanted, I have never felt less connected to you.

You will be 2 years old soon and already a sister twice over.  This new baby will bring challenges and difficulties, but I know we will make it through together because our bond is so strong.  The new baby will feel all of your love and care that you already show your brother.  You kiss my belly all day long and talk to the baby as if you are old friends.  You make sure that mommy knows that the baby will nurse and you love to imitate what you think the baby's cries will sound like.  Your little brother or sister already knows you, they know your voice and your hands that rub my belly.  They are as excited to meet you as you are to meet them!

I love your personality, you are spunky and smart and love to tell me every word you know.  My favorites are "boops" (boots) and how you name all of your friends-Kylie and Coopah and Emery and Onen (Owen) and Lownen (Lauren) and Latilie (Natalie).  You are fascinated with the world and love to run up and down grassy hills and climb all over the playground.  You sing, oh how you sing!!  It makes my heart leap out of my chest and I pray, selfishly, that you will one day love music and singing as much as your dad and I do.  You love to put your shoes on all by yourself, especially backwards, and clothing is no match for you.  You put pants and shirts on like a boss.  I can barely keep up with you, but you slow down just for me.

I wish I could replay every moment of your life, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat if I could, even the difficult moments.  I thank God every day for blessing me with you and I will never take your love for granted.

I love you my wonderful Penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment