Monday, March 14, 2016

Finally- A Letter to my Husband

Dear Ken,

God made it clear to me early on in our relationship that we were meant to be together.  He encouraged me to never lose faith in us, even when we struggled and I couldn't see the whole picture.  Well, God was SO right (as usual).  There is no one on this earth that I would rather share my life with.  With baby #3 almost here, we have been on a hell of a ride and you have pulled me through every crazy moment.  You have been there to deal with my anxiety and fear, always remaining steadfast and grounded, especially when I needed it most.

I know you have been dealing with a pregnant wife for three years, and let me tell you, not many men can survive what you have.  Through every crazy, hormonal moment, you have showed me love and compassion.  You have taught me to not take myself so seriously with your constant teasing and I will continue to roll my eyes at every ridiculous joke you make while secretly laughing on the inside.
Nothing can describe what I feel when I see you with our children.  It's as if my heart were going to burst from happiness and love and yet it only grows bigger and my love for you deeper.  The way you make them laugh and push their limits (and mine as well).  You always encourage them and are patient beyond words.  The love you show them is simply beautiful and joy filled.  You never lose your temper at them, you stay calm and explain things for the hundredth time.

You provide everything for us.  You work so hard and are good at your job, but not only that, you have passion for what you do.  You work 8- 14 hour days and then come home and still give us all of you.  You never take a break (even when I offer!) and I wish you would more often.  What you give to us will never be taken for granted.  I love you for working so hard for our family, but that is just the man you are.  I can't wait to see you with a newborn in your arms again, using your calm presence to put them to sleep.

I will love you forever and cherish every memory we get to make together.  Thank you for being my life and giving me three beautiful babies.  I can't wait to see what the future has in store and how we will weather the storm together.

No comments:

Post a Comment