Saturday, March 19, 2016

Maybe? Sometime in the next three days?

Well, I don't want anyone to get excited, so I'm not posting the blog on Facebook just yet, but I've had some promising progress today.  A few mild contractions an hour, but they are definitely not only Braxton-Hicks contractions anymore.  My wonderful in-laws took the kids yesterday and are keeping them until tomorrow.  It is so hard to be away from them, especially when they are not feeling 100% but it has been so nice to have time to rest and recuperate and try to kick this horrible flu bug. I know that they are being doted on and are being given so much love and attention which is exactly what they need right now. I am feeling better than I have the last few days and definitely well enough to handle labor if it comes to that (which I hope it will!).  Today I am technically 41 weeks and 4 days which is one day longer than I went with Pierce.  However, those dates were never perfect because we are basing them off of one ultrasound measurement done by my midwife.  I feel more like I am approaching 41 weeks rather than 42 but my body is definitely telling me it is ready to be done.

The baby is moving and grooving in here and has been loving the time we have spent in the pool and napping the last two days.  I am getting as much homework done as I can in prep for having a newborn and the house is pretty much as put together as it's going to get.  I am going to go get a pedicure (the last one for a loooooong while) and hopefully the foot massage will help my contractions along.  As with most women, my contractions get stronger at night, or at least they did with Pierce, so I am excited to see what the night will bring, but if all it brings is another amazing night of sleep, I will gladly take that too!

Random Non-baby related thoughts.... Ken and I went on a breakfast date to Clarkie's in Yucaipa today and the menu is almost identical to Carolyn's in Redlands.  We also recognized one of the waiters working there as a guy who used to work at Carolyn's.... coincidence?  Or are the owners of Carolyn's trying to capitalize on it's success?  Regardless, the food was slightly more expensive but just as delicious as Carolyn's. We didn't try their "Cinnamon Streussle Muffins" which were basically coffee cake in the shape of a muffin, but I'm interested to see how it compares!
Ken got the Big Hass and I got the California Scrambler in a burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment